NACAC Conference FAQ
We know you have questions.
See below for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the premier event for college admission counseling professionals.
NACAC Conference 2023 will bring over 6,000 attendees from all college admission counseling arenas, in-person, to Baltimore to share best practices, inspirational ideas, cutting-edge research, and professional stories.
Next year’s event will feature over 200 exhibitors in the Expo Hall showcasing the latest products and services.
Public accommodations—theaters, arenas, hotels, and convention centers among them—are required to meet ADA standards. All public events are legally obligated to meet ADA requirements. To “provide full and equal enjoyment,” venues and organizers must consider more than accessible building layouts, ramps, and elevators. A truly inclusive event also involves an accessible website design and registration processes, pre-event communications, and well-trained staff who understand disability etiquette.
NACAC strives to go above and beyond these requirements.
When you register for the NACAC events, the form includes questions about accessibility and other special needs, such as allergies. NACAC will follow-up with any attendee who answers “yes” in these categories.
Additionally, we have the following accommodations, among others, in place. If you have questions or need to request a particular accommodation, please contact us.
- The event locations NACAC selects are ADA compliant.
- Doors to all meetings will be propped open.
- Staff, volunteers, and temporary workers are instructed to be on the lookout for attendees who may need assistance and escorts.
- NACAC will rent two motorized scooters to ensure members can move freely throughout the conference center.
- Attendees will have access to a nursing mother lounge/lactation room.
- There will be gender-neutral restrooms located throughout the event space.
- Closed captioning will be provided for Main Stage and select education sessions.
September 21-23 in Baltimore, Maryland
Baltimore Convention Center
1 W. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Registration for NACAC Conference will open early in 2023. To be notified when registration is available, please sign up to receive updates on the conference homepage.
There are no full meals included in NACAC Conference 2023 registration. However, there are light hors d’oeuvres served at the Welcome Reception and Closing Social.
Conference registration benefits include:
- Unlimited networking on-site with 6,000+ college admission counseling professionals, sponsors, and exhibitors.
- In-person access to 100+ education sessions, preconference seminars, workshops, and more. Please note that some workshops and seminars require an additional registration fee.
- Access to the PowerPoint recordings for 100+ education sessions via the On Demand platform.
- The opportunity to view new products from and do business with 200+ exhibiting organizations in the Expo Hall.
- In-person access to each of the 2023 Main Stage sessions including the NACAC State of the Association/Membership Meeting.
- And much more!
You must be a registered attendee, paid in full, in order to book housing in the NACAC block. A link to access the housing system will be included in your conference confirmation email. Housing reservations received without corresponding conference registrations will be canceled.
Yes, the National College Fair (NCF) will occur on Tuesday, September 26 at the Baltimore Convention Center.
There are three airports located within driving distance to Baltimore.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Dulles International Airport (IAD)
To find out more information on things like where to eat, shopping, historical monuments, and more, visit the Visit Baltimore website.
Business casual attire is recommended. Please note, the climate inside the convention center will be cooler than outdoors. Comfortable walking shoes are strongly recommended.
NACAC will not provide childcare services during NACAC Conference 2023 in Baltimore. Attendees requiring assistance with childcare should contact their hotel concierge.
Event organizers are required to inform NACAC’s conference and meetings staff of the intended date/time of the event at least 30 days prior to the event and prior to booking. No organization is permitted to schedule functions (including transportation to/from the event) that conflicts with NACAC’s official and published meeting and event times. NACAC will begin collecting meeting and event requests in early 2023.
When registration opens, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-2222 and press 2.