NACAC and the 2023 Local Advisory Committee (LAC) seek volunteers to assist with the many activities at the 2023 NACAC Conference in Baltimore.
If you are interested in volunteering, we would love to work with you!
Please keep in mind:
- Volunteers do not need to be from Baltimore, although it helps for some subcommittees.
- To serve as a volunteer, you must be a registered conference attendee.
- Your information will be shared with the chairs for each subcommittee. The chairs will reach out to you in August for date/time and assignments sign-ups. You do not need to do anything else until that time.
Please read the committee descriptions below. Shifts for each category are typically two hours, unless otherwise noted.
- Advocacy and Community Support Subcommittee
Assist this subcommittee with any NACAC Action Stations during the conference. Information about the Action Stations will be provided soon.
- College Tours Subcommittee
Assist with directions to the college tour’s pickup/drop-off locations. Duties also include assisting attendees in finding their tours and crowd management.
Days: Tuesday – Thursday
- Hospitality Subcommittee
Assist with hospitality and directions within the convention center, providing directions to local activities/sites (I.e., directing attendees to/from the registration area, Expo Hall, and education session meeting rooms).
Days: Wednesday- Saturday
- Logistical Arrangements Subcommittee
Help monitor education session rooms by providing directional assistance to attendees, room management, and onsite speaker management. Volunteers will be scheduled 10-15 minutes before each education time slot. Volunteers are encouraged to remain in the room to watch the session. We will try our best to schedule volunteers with the education session of their choosing.
Days: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Registration Subcommittee
Assist in the Material Pickup area by handing out conference tote bags and lanyards to attendees.
Days: Tuesday- Saturday
- Special Events Subcommittee
Greet attendees as they enter the Opening Reception (Thursday) and the Closing Celebration (Saturday) Duties include checking badges as attendees enter and distributing material.
Days: Thursday and Saturday evening