Thank you for considering submitting an education session proposal for inclusion in NACAC Conference 2023. NACAC is accepting proposal applications that focus on topics pertinent to the field of college admission counseling.
The call for proposals opens Friday, February 10, and closes Friday, April 21.
- February 10: Call for Education Session Proposals opens
- February 15: Webinar – Call for Education Session Proposals Process Explained
- Watch the webinar recording below.
- April 21: Call for Education Session Proposals closes
- May 1-12: Applications are reviewed
- May 22-26: Notifications sent to applicants
Along with information about the education session organizer and any speakers who would be presenting at NACAC Conference 2023, applicants will need to provide the following information about their proposed education session:
- Session Title
- Click here to view the list of sessions presented at NACAC Conference 2022
- Session Description
- Click here for examples of strong session descriptions
- Intended Audience
- Secondary (public or private), postsecondary (public or private), CBO, IEC, international, or other
- Content Level
- Entry, mid, or advanced
- Learning Objectives
- Must provide three clear learning objectives
- Education Content Strands
- Select the three strands that are most relevant to the proposed session
- Click here for an explanation of each strand
- CE Eligibility
- Previous Presentations of the Session
- *If applicable*
What We Encourage
For all education session proposals, we encourage:
- Collaborative strategies
- E.g., CBOs and school counselors, public and private, secondary and postsecondary, etc.
- Focus on equity in college access
- In anticipation of the pending Supreme Court decision and NACAC’s work to elevate equity in postsecondary access
- More than one institution being represented
- E.g., Representation from both public and private institutions
How to Apply
NACAC’s Education & Training Team recently held a webinar explaining how to complete your proposal application. To view the webinar recording and the slides used, click the buttons below. For a quick, one-page guide on how to complete the application, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have another question that was not answered here? Contact NACAC’s Education and Training Team.